Steve Greeley was raised to always work as hard as he possibly can, and he does the same for his clients. He is motivated by his love for effective and efficient problem solving, which is something he practices every day in the legal profession. His favorite part of being an attorney is when he obtains a significant result for his client whose rights are in danger.
Steve is passionate about the process of fully preparing a case to be ready to present at trial with the knowledge that this is the only time for a client to obtain award for their injuries. Above all, he values the well-being of the client. He works with people throughout McHenry County and nearby counties who have been injured, and are in difficult positions physically, emotionally and, financially. He does his best to alleviate those issues, and avoid future issues. He is able to do that because of his extensive background in personal injury, workers’ compensation, contract and other civil litigation.
Outside of the office, he is very involved in the activities of his two young children who participate in many sports and extracurricular activities. To relax, he’ll put on a Chicago Bears or Bulls game, or he’ll put on his favorite movie, Return of the Jedi. Steve, his wife, and children frequent the Trio Grill and Nick’s Pizza and Pub.
He also devotes his time to being a Commissioner with the McHenry County Historic Preservation Commission that works to preserve the history of our county.
He is also a board member of Prairie State Legal Services, which is the organization in Central and Northern Illinois that handles all non-criminal matters for people in poverty.
Areas of Practice:
- Illinois, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- B.S., Law Enforcement and Justice Administration, Security Administration & Computer Science– Western Illinois University, 2001
- J.D., Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, 2004
Awards & Recognition:
- Super Lawyers Illinois 2016
- Northern Illinois University of Law Review Editor in Chief 2003-2004
- Award recipient for Outstanding Contribution to Scholarly Publications by Northern Illinois University College of Law, 2004
- Award recipient of the 2014 Best Under Forty in McHenry County
- Recognition by the McHenry County Bar Association and Prairie State Legal Services for Outstanding Dedication and Consistent Support of the McHenry County Bar Association’s Legal Aid Committee 2014-2015
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- McHenry County Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- McHenry County Historic Preservation Commissioner
- McHenry County Bar Association Secretary and
Legal Aid Committee Co-Chair
- McHenry County Board Member for Prairie State Legal Services